The Gatsby Benchmarks
The Gatsby Career Benchmarks are the result of an international study to find the best practice in Career Guidance worldwide. Working with experts from the University of Derby, the Gatsby team visited six places, Germany, Finland, the Netherlands, Ireland, Hong Kong and Ontario – where career guidance is known to be good.
The eight benchmarks are a framework for good career guidance developed to support schools in providing students with the best possible careers education, information, advice and guidance.
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of work places
- Encounters with Further and Higher education
- Personal Guidance